Our Children’s Vision Screening Program currently provides vision screenings throughout Alabama and Mississippi, as well as areas in LA & TX, using a state of the art optometric device. Vision screenings early in life can detect potential issues that, if left untreated, can lead to difficulties in the classroom and the possibility of permanent loss of vision. Students identified to have a potential vision issue are referred to Sight Savers America’s Children’s Eye Care Program for comprehensive case managed follow-up.
- To provide VISION SCREENINGS for children in order to identify & address potential vision issues.
- To secure FUNDING & cultivate RELATIONSHIPS with key partners to increase the capacity of our program.
- Schedule & Coordinate with School Nurses
- Vision Screen in Schools Across Alabama & Mississippi
- Analyze Screening Measurements
- Provide Results to School Nurses & Parents
- Refer to SSA's Children's Eye Care Network for Comprehensive Follow-up Eye Care
- Storage of Screening Data
With your help, we can do even more
Every dollar donated is tax-deductible and makes an immediate difference in the lives of the children served through our program.
- $250 - Sponsor a class
Provides vision screenings for a class of 25 children. Screening results are captured in less than one second; ensuring students miss a minimal amount of classroom instruction time.
- $2500 - Sponsor a school
Funds a vision screening for 250 school children in grades Pre-K through 12.
- $6,000 - Purchase a state of the art optometric device for Children's Vision Screening Program
Allows multiple Sight Savers America staff members to screen children in various underserved rural and urban areas.
Get In Touch
If you'd like to find out more about how you can help, schedule a recurring donation, or beome a long-range partner, we'd love to hear from you.
Stay Connected with us through Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch with news, events, and other ways to help.